Friday, September 12, 2008

9 11 video compilations | 9 11 Videos

Where were you and what were you doing when you first heard about the attack on the world trade centre and Pentagon? Perhaps these videos will remind you of some of the first TV pictures available from the attack? 9 11 video compilations 9 11 Videos

I remember vividly because I was working for the Dept. of Defence in Darwin, Australia telling sailors to return to their ships immediately because the US was under attack. Naturally, at first they thought I was having a 'go' at them until they I repeated my request and my voice showed my shock and horror.

After my shift was finished and I was on my way home, I was stopped twice by local Police to see if I had any US service personnel in my vehicle. I assured them I had just finished my shift with the DoD and had 'done my bit' at trying to get everyone back onboard ships ASAP.

It's a time I will always remember with horror, sadness and all tinged with disbelieve.

No comments: