Friday, September 18, 2009

Free Weight Loss Diet

Free weight loss diets can be found anywhere on the internet or they can be found in any one of the thousands of women's magazines published each week around the world. If you don't want to purchase any of these magazines then perhaps you can access them through your nearest public library. Instead of looking at just those diets that are 'free' as in they don't cost you any money to buy, try to remember the age-old adage "nothing in this world is for free".

Free doesn't mean they are right for you or your metabolism. What will work well for one person may not work at all well for another. If the diet is for free then has it been assessed by a dietician? Or is perhaps the diet concocted by a writer like me who has had to fill some empty slots in a woman's magazine? At least I have "been there and done that" which I believe makes me an experienced person but I would not presume to call myself an expert!

Come to think on it, a good question to ask your dietician sometime is "have you ever been overweight and what did you do to lose the weight?"

This does one of three things:

1) Your dietician will have a lot more understanding of the problems a dieter faces or

2) They are 'in theory' only dieticians or

3) They are telling you 'porkies' and I'd be off to find myself another dietician!

If you are slightly to moderately overweight, and really want a free diet plan then do some homework like you are doing now in reading this. I recommend trying weight watchers first because if nothing else they will give you a good grounding and understanding of basic nutrition. This is essential if you are to lose the weight and stay healthy.

I believe weight watchers are in most countries around the world today so Google them to find the nearest one to you.

If you are considerably overweight then I strongly recommend you see your Doctor and investigate the possibility of a laparoscopic lap band.


No comments: